Sunday, January 4, 2009

Trust...

Interestingly enough, the new year started out exactly like advent, shrouded in a thick ground fog. The prior evening, New Years Eve, one of our sisters had related the homily she had heard that morning where the priest had said that today was a good day for everyone to renew the commitments they had made for advent. So it was really something to wake up on New Years Day greeted in the same manner as that first Advent morn! I love it when God's signals are so easily perceived. What needed to be readdressed from those first days of advent, before all the hustle and bustle of the holidays kicked in to high gear? What was the message that the fog itself had tried to symbolize? Trust. The trust you must have to give oneself totally over to God, and that radical trust needed to allow Him to lead you. Full surrender has never been easy for me, but I know it is required if I'm to truly live the life I've committed myself to. So, the revisit of the beautiful hushed morning fog on New Years Day brought back those advent desires and commitments, and gave me a chance to renew my fidelity to follow in full trust where He leads. 

No comments: